Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am trying so hard to be a good mom. I am trying not to cover my ears and yell but I am about to lose it. My son has started band this year and he got a bell kit to help him learn to read drum music. There is only so many times you can hear Hot Cross Buns before you go insane. It is really loud and high pitched and sharp sounding. Arrrrrrr! Help me.



I also got it into my head to put the oven on self cleaning this morning because next week is Thanksgiving. I had to open the doors and windows and now it not only smells from the oven being on it is very cold as well.






I am cranky.


Update - The day is about over and I ended up making a roast beef dinner. It was so yummy! Roasted potatoes and carrots with peas and corn. And gravy. Lots and lots of gravy. Then Blueberry pie with french vanilla ice cream for dessert. Ahhh. Nothing a like an autumn day with a roast in the oven. It may be pouring rain with the wind blowing outside but it is plenty warm and cozy inside.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wind Blossom said...

Hey Barbara! I made a roast with carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy too tonight!! The weather was sure fitting!!!

About the drums....sorry....can't help you there. ;=>

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Well I'm really glad your Kitty found his way home. Now you'll have to pull out his dish again. Dinner sounds great! Made my mouth water.

11:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess my grandparents thought the same way when I first started playing the saxophone.

Yeah lots of gravy and taters...nummy.

6:38 p.m.  
Blogger Linda d said...

My condolences. I remember two playing clarinet, one drums and one keyboard. By far, the drums was the most difficult to tolerate.

This too shall pass????

9:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket