Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 11, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know. I have all but disappeared haven't I? I have been really busy just doing "stuff". I haven't even been doing anything that is worthy of blogging about. I have not been at the computer a whole lot so I have not been following what is going on in your lives either. I do try to stop by once or twice a week so even when I am not commenting I am thinking about you.


I do have something noteworthy to say. I have now lost 26 pounds at SparkPeople. I am in a bit of a slump because I have been having wicked problems with asthma that turned into a sinus/ear infection so I have not been doing any cardio. I am finally starting to feel a little better and hope all the medication will kick in by next week and I will be back on track. If you are interested in joining me click on the link over to the right of my page and it will take you there. This is a totally free plan. It is not just a diet but an entire lifestyle change to becoming a healthier person. I was leery when I first joined that there would be strings attached or they would try to suck me into some multilevel marketing or it would be some culty thing but it is not. You don't have to "buy the book" or recruit anyone or anything weird. (The image you see is my actual weight loss tracker.)


Things are going just great with John (not his real name). He has gone away, all the way from Vancouver Island to Nova Scotia and back again, to take his mother's ashes to a cemetery there. He left this evening and will be back Monday morning. That is a loooong way in such a short amount of time! Anyway, I miss him already. And I hope he is going to be OK. He lost him mom and his sister within 3 months of each other. I wish I could help him in some way but sometimes words just don't cut it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a good person Barbara! "John" knows he is loved.

And woo hoo...good for you for the weight loss....extremely commendable!

10:14 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! Hope all is well with you, and CONGRATS on the weight loss! You must feel terrific.

8:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day and congrats on the weight loss (maybe I should try it).

You are absolutely right that sometimes words just don't cut it, so I remember the words of a wise ol woman (my grandmother) and they were "actions speak louder than words". Don't worry about what to say to him, just be there and he will know.

3:26 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

Hey you skinny chick! Way to go on the diet and excercise! Sorry to hear about "John's" family tragities. That is really hard, but he's lucky to have you there for comfort.

BTW I can relate to not having the time to get on the computer. Man, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

I'm so happy you're so happy right now.

5:02 a.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

WTG on the weight loss!! That's wonderful! I wish I could get motivated to get up and exercise more!

6:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket