Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


You are going to have to click on this to inbiggen it. This is one of many creations of Girl-N. She made this for me while I was having a bath last night. Notice the label that has been taped to the plate. If you look closely you will notice it is a happy face. Now what more could I ask for? Girl-N is the sweetest.


Let me tell you a short story about Girl-N and her obsession with tape. Ever since she was old enough to use art supplies she has loved two things above all else. Envelopes and tape. She would toddle up to me and look at me with her big chocolaty eyes and say, "May I bowwo a wittle bit of tape pwease?" She also used to use up "embawopes" by the dozen.
As her love for office supplies grew so did her need. I would catch her at my desk pulling off 159 pieces of tape for her latest project. She would stealthily go into my desk and take envelopes as well. It got to the point where I couldn't keep either in the house because Girl-N would find them and use them up.
Last Christmas I thought I figured out a plan. I went to Costco and bought her 16 rolls of tape and a gigantic box of envelopes. I would never again would have to share. Yeah right. She has now started to hoard. She will not use anything from her supply. I continually ask her where the 16 rolls of tape are and she looks at me and tells me she doesn't know. I know they are hidden in the depths of her art desk along with the envelopes.
And just in case you are wondering she still comes up to me and says, "May I borrow a little tape please?" I just hand her the tape dispenser and walk away.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just the sweetest thing!!!!

8:42 a.m.  
Blogger sharon said...

LOL... they're such characters! Alicia used to play with worms she found while I gardened. Every now and again I would hear her say, "Aaaaw, my worm broke!" Poor little worms. LOL.

6:05 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Looks yummy! Jake loves Post-its. He'll tear off a big fistful and line them up across the room, then come back for more and plaster them all over himself and his sleeping sister.

12:04 a.m.  
Blogger Joe Robinsmith said...

Ah, kids, I love 'em. Even when they are driving me to disraction they are still the love of my life. Yours sounds adorable.

7:56 p.m.  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Awh! That was all so sweet!

My 5 yr. old Julian is the SAME with envelopes. He asks for tape sometimes but he's obsessed with envelopes. I get about 10 a day with pictures of people folded inside. LOL.

11:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a special treat.

5:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket