Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I try very, very hard to remain positive but some days (weeks) it is so much harder than others. My job is discouraging me beyond words. I have come to hate my job. Yes. Hate. It is a pretty strong word but that is how I feel right now. It has been three years of working hard, going above and beyond the call of duty and still having nothing to show for it. Last week I was told that I was passed up on a promotion. Why? Because I am female. Yup. I was told by the owner of the company that because of the type of business it is they want to promote men. According to statistics men have higher sales. Even though I have the highest inside sales they are hiring a man to do the job.

I have been crying off and on for over a week now. I am angry, sad and very frustrated that I have been told for three years that when my time comes they will promote me. It was all lies. The General Manager has told me she wants to but the owner doesn't. So it ends there. I am staying until April to receive my bonus then I am leaving. I won't be giving two weeks notice. I won't even give them a day. I intend to give them my resignation on a Friday afternoon and walk out the door. I am not normally a spiteful person but I really don't think they deserve any better.

5 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

That really sucks, Barbara! I don't blame you for being furious. Now you just need to focus on finding something better so you don't have to waste your tears on a company like this!

11:21 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Hey Barbara, glad to see you back, I wanted to tell you that I have a new blog I am now posting on.

http://embracingtomorrow.blogspot.com

4:35 a.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

I've had bosses like that and their attitudes drain the motivation and inspiration right out of your body. As a sales person, I was conflicted wtih the fact that I was generating money for them personally. (One guy used to smoke pot in his office all day and call us F*** Ups.) There are plenty of companies out there that will respect your talents. Go get 'em!

4:52 a.m.  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

I'm sorry Barbara. That really sucks and they don't deserve any notice or consideration. I think if it were me I'd have a hard time even staying until April, but I totally understand why. And by God if they don't fork over an appropriate bonus I say you sue them on the basis of sex discrimination for not promoting you...then again I think I'd sue even if they do give you the bonus!

2:31 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

They really have some serious balls to tell you that up front.

I hope the job search goes well for you. You don't need that kind of sh*t.

9:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket