Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tell me this? What kind of mother does not have any money in the house for when her child looses a tooth? This one! Let me say that this is not her first tooth. In fact it has been wiggly for a couple of weeks so I should have been prepared. Tonight the inevitable happened and the tooth fell out. I had nothing to leave under the poor child's pillow. I further demoted myself by coming up with really great reasons why she should wait until tomorrow. I told her we could make a letter for the tooth fairy and a little purse for her to carry the tooth in. Girl-N would have none of it. She put the tooth under her pillow and rushed off to bed to wait the arrival of the wee fairy. At this point I am scrounging through the computer desk drawers and my wallet. I came up with a grand total of 9 cents. I lowered myself further by looking in the kid's piggy banks. Empty. It is now late and both kids are in bed so I go to the drawer that I affectionately call the junk drawer. It is full of every piece of junk imaginable. Old greeting cards, a dog leash (I don't own a dog), felt pads for furniture to stop the floors from being scratched, incense, keys that lost their lock...never mind, here is a picture!



It is like an "I Spy" book nightmare! I spy a dinosaur and a bumblebee, a bright yellow bow and glue sticks 3!
Anyway, back to my story. I am in a panic and considering calling my mom and dad to run some change over. I dig through the drawer hoping to find at least a dollar! Then what to my searching eyes appear? A baggie full of American money! (I am Canadian.) I was so excited I could barely contain myself! I pulled out a handful of change and tiptoe into her bedroom where she is snoring her quiet little girl snore and love washes over me. She is such a precious child and who still fervently believes in the tooth fairy. Thank you God for getting me through this one!
~~~~

8 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Ahhh the tooth fairy. I have scrounged for change myself at times. And have come up with some clever excuses at times too. That is funny im American and I have a change purse full of Canadian change in my dresser drawer in my bedroom.

3:42 a.m.  
Blogger Anita said...

I was the biggest loser when it came to that. I am so glad you found something! My poor kids got IOUs from the tooth fairy. But she always paid them WITH interest! It's funny how the tooth fairy only came to our house on payday. =)

I love your junk drawer. I am a neat freak and I still have the two messiest junk drawers in the West. A few times, I organized them and inventoried them and put a list on them and tried to make the family check stuff out. That lasted about a day and a half and then it was chaos again. I've given up. Everyone should have a junk drawer!

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger Richard said...

I rarely have cash on me or in the house (I pay for everything with plastic) - always have to ask the wife.

My kids have not yet lost their teeth - although my daughter is asking when she will start losing hers, since her friends are already losing them. I told her to be patient.

You could always be creative and give something else instead of money. Going rate for teeth when I was younger was $0.25.

8:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think every parent has been in the same predicament. Ive left new toothbrushes, apples and letters of appreciation from said fairy!

1:23 p.m.  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

you could have always written a check :)

6:47 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I am so glad I am past the tooth fairy stage.

Wow, your junk drawer looks quite similiar to mine. :)

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Joan said...

Hey, that could be my junk drawer, except mine doesn't have ANY money in it :) Glad you found some cash, and IOU would have been tacky.

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LMAO - I have a baggie full of Canadian money!! We have the same thing happening here - teeth falling out every month - scrounging for money. I loved this post - ty for sharing!!

5:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket